Find an Event
Note: This Event Has Been Archived
On June 11, we will spend the day in the quarry of "La Chanta" in the municipality of Corpa, trying to advance its ecological restoration and helping to conserve all the biodiversity that it already houses this newly restored space. Among the activities that we will carry out, are the following:
- We will try to locate and eliminate all the garbage that is still on the quarry.
- We will also locate the exotic plants that still exists and proceed to eliminate it.
- We will collect seeds of native plants that will later be used in planting in the quarry itself.
- We will construct a phyto-purification pond for management of sewage water.
- We will make wooden nests for wild bees that we will place in pollinator promotion areas.
It will be from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. You can get to the quarry by car (we recommend you access from https://goo.gl/maps/eQu5NtVCCH82unZT6 and from there to the entrance to the quarry https://goo.gl/maps/h71jkDxWSGZeh2YSA ), however, in as soon as we know the number of registered people, we will also try to manage shared trips. We only need you to bring your food, suitable clothing (remember: sun cream, hat, field boots, etc.) and water. And if you have binoculars, cameras, etc. It will be great if you bring them because we have hides and an observatory there that we can use.
All activities will be carried out in the open air and we will comply with the protection protocols for COVID 19.